Assistant, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2021 5:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Assistant, TV Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Assistant, TV Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: Assistant, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Location: Burbank, CA
Reporting to: VP, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Legendary is looking for an Assistant to join the TV Business and Legal Affairs team. This role will support the Vice President of TV Business & Legal Affairs who oversees Production Legal and other matters for Legendary’s current TV productions, in addition to providing support for other executives in the TV Business and Legal Affairs department. The position will be focused on Production Legal matters, including prep, principal, and post-production, and will manage day-to-day functions while interfacing and collaborating with a variety of internal and external corporate, creative, legal, post-production, marketing, safety, security, finance, distribution and production personnel, and vendors. Additionally, the position will handle scheduling calls, correspondence, content reviews, and drafting production-related forms, documents, and agreements. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required in regard to all matters handled in this position.
• Render day to day Production Legal services.
• Draft and review Production Legal related documents and agreements. (e.g., production service agreements, certificates of engagement, vendor/rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, location agreements, production office space/stage/facilities lease agreements, post production and visual effects agreements, marketing agreements, distribution agreements, animation agreements, clearance agreements, tax incentive documents, insurance documents, and guild/union documents).
• Perform content reviews of scripts and cuts for legal clearance.
• Track reports for vendor, location and clearance agreements.
• Collaborate with internal teams and production personnel.
• Manage special projects as designated.
• Provide general administrative support (e.g. answer phones, coordinate and schedule meetings, copy, print and other administrative duties as assigned).
Experience & Skills
• BA/BS degree required; Juris Doctor degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of prior experience, preferably in Production Legal, supporting a legal department in the entertainment industry, but not required
• Proven experience in drafting and redlining
• General knowledge of how scripted television is produced and the entertainment industry common customs and practices
• Highly motivated, eager to learn, team player, responsible, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure, high-volume environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Organized, resourceful, and pro-active
• Ability to work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).