LBI Media, IncBURBANK, CA
Full Time Job
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The Entertainment Writer has the ability to create dialogue, situations, commentary that is improvisational as well as scripted. Applicant will be able to develop questions for the Television Host and work with the show's Producer and creative staff to develop content for the shows. The candidate should possess good research skills to provide daily content for the show.
• Use creativity and imagination to create entertaining and engaging programs.
• Research, outline and write script for Television Host dealing with daily entertainment topics.
• Outline and present daily scripts for entertainment news and red carpet events for discussion and/or improvisational commentary during show, recorded programs or during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location in a manner that connects with the audience.
• Collaborate with producers, co-hosts, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
• Participate in information gathering, research, writing, vetting, and prepping the story content for air.
• Verify accuracy of facts; obtain supplemental material and additional details from knowledgeable sources.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Writer in daily scripted shows.
• Ability to write ad-lib and improvisational commentary effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Excellent storytelling ability with strong written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of current entertainment and talent news events as well as regional Mexican music.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Spanish language audience.
• Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online