LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Estrella TV TV Entertainment Reporter
The successful candidate will be an enterprising entertainment newshound who is also a strong writer. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and have an engaging on-camera presence. Must have solid knowledge of entertainment news and talent.
• Cover entertainment stories and red carpet events on newscasts, recorded programs and during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location in a manner that connects with the audience.
• Collaborate with producers, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
• Participate in information gathering, writing scripts, and lead ins.
• Edit or supervise the editing of video used in news stories and programs.
• Promote the Network, and the Company in community, network and station events and activities as requested by the Company.
• Demonstrate excellent story telling skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of and comfortable discussing entertainment events.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Prior, related on-camera work in broadcast or web video production preferred by not required.
• Minimum 1 year previous on-air reporting experience.
• Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA.
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online