Chief Television & Radio Broadcast Engineer
LBI Media Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
LBI is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced senior Broadcast Engineer fill the role of Chief Engineer for its West Coast Television & Radio Stations. The position will be based in the Company's Burbank, California headquarters, and will report to the Company's Vice President - Engineering.
LBI's West Coast Stations include:
• TV: KRCA-TV (Los Angeles) - the five flagship station for the EstrellaTV network - as well as KSDX (San Diego); KVPA (Phoenix) and KPNZ (Salt Lake City).
• Radio: Que Buena Los Angeles (on KBUE-FM, KBUA-FM, KEBN-FM and KZJL), Que Buena San Bernardino (on KRQB-FM), and La Ranchera (on KHJ-AM and KVNR)
The Chief Engineer for our West Coast operations will play a large role in LBI's ongoing operations and its growth. The ideal candidate is one who has a proven track record in the broadcast industry, demonstrated job stability (with increasing levels of responsibility up to senior engineer level), practical background experience, and a personality with the desire to excel.
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of a wide range of technical products and systems; will perform engineering design evaluations; will make recommendations to improve quality of processes and procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Requirements & Responsibilities
• Proficiency with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of Harris television transmitters, Crispin automation, Nvision routers, Sony cameras, Avid editors, Avid ISIS, GSC3000 remote controls, omneon video servers, widows server 2003, windows server 2008 r2, windows 7, networking, and studio production equipment. Repairs to include troubleshooting to the component level.
• Supervisory experience of maintenance engineers, production engineers, Master Control operations, and other engineering staff.
• Working knowledge and familiarity of FCC rules, regulations and compliance.
• Because the Chief Engineer position will require some manual tasks, must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs, and be physically able to kneel, sit, squat, climb ladders, etc.
• The Chief Engineer is required to be available to respond to emergencies and urgent issues on a 24/7 basis; will also train employees, evaluate employees, schedule shifts and oversee employees; keep appropriate system and regulatory logs, and check such logs for compliance; plan various projects and implement and/or oversee their timely completion.
• LBI Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum General Requirements
• A bachelor's degree in engineering (or equivalent) and at least 5+ years of direct experience in the Broadcast Industry or related field is required.
• Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish) is preferred.
• Prior work experience within the broadcast industry (i.e., radio and/or television).
• An undergraduate degree (e.g., BA/BS degree) in either Finance, Accounting, or equivalent. Top academic performers preferred. MBA is a plus.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Excellent software, analytical and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office products including Excel and Word
• Experience thinking critically about systems and workflow, and identifying needs for development.
• Attention to detail, organizational skills, and desire for continuous improvement.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, often with multiple projects at the same time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, with offices in California, Utah, Colorado, Texas, New York and Florida. LBI owns and operates television and radio stations across the country, produces up to 60 hours of original television programming per week, and is the owner of the Estrella TV Network.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online