Technician, Director / TD
Full Time Job
MAJOR PURPOSE: Direct and TD live programs using Ross Overdrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Directing newscasts and other live or taped programs, Assistant Directing, Editing, running cameras, floor, prompter, audio, or graphics as needed, Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. Must be able to handle multiple live shots, breaking news, and be able to look ahead and adjust to changes while keeping the show moving.
• Supervise the production side of our broadcast and ensuring the highest quality broadcast reaches air. You will also sometimes only have seconds to diagnose a problem. Video decks crashed? CG channel stopped working? The Director is the last line of defense before the product hits the air.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
• Must be able to make and execute last second decisions
Must be able to work closely with Producer, Editors, Transmission, Engineering, Floor Crew, other directors
Shift supervisor, when Production Manager is not in, overseeing editors and floor crew. During shows responsible for crew breaks and staffing.
ROSS Overdrive, BitCentral, Ross XPression, ENPS, Adobe Premiere.
Required to sit for long periods of time Required to operate a keyboard and mouse Some lifting Ladder climbing
Personal Protective Equipment
Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio Exposure to electrical equipment
College degree or equivalent related experience is required.
2 years experience as a director/technical director.
Working knowledge of Ross Overdrive and Vision switcher a plus