Promotions / Commercial Producer
Full Time Job
Calling all creatives! KTXL FOX40 in Sacramento, CA is looking for a dangerously talented individual with a fresh new perspective to add to our dynamic creative team. Do you ever find yourself watching tv and nitpicking a music choice? Does comic sans make you cringe? Do you thrive in an environment where creative freedom is encouraged and collaboration is the norm? Then stop scrolling! You might be exactly who we've been looking for!
Promotions/Commercial Producer will be experienced in producing daily topical, tune-in, proof of performance, and image on-air promotion spots and campaigns on tight deadlines. Expert at writing, producing, shooting and editing snappy, focused and original spots that provide viewers with a compelling reason to turn to FOX40 NEWS over the competition. Additionally, this position will be called on at times to write, produce, shoot and edit various client commercials with the same creative specifications and objectives stated previously.
• The Promotions/Commercial Producer will create on-air promotion spots, messaging and campaigns for FOX40 NEWS and other programming from concept to completion.
• Projects may include daily news topical promotion, proof of performance, image campaigns, web and social drivers as well as program tune-in messaging for entertainment and sports.
• Duties may also include sales presentations, corporate materials and sponsor messages.
• The Promotions/Commercial Producer will maintain a close relationship with all newsroom producers, managers and EP's
• Proficient editing with Adobe Premiere / After Effects
• Distribute all finished products to multiple outlets as directed
• Creating and managing original production shoots
• Works with vendors and clients on an occasional basis
• Maintains accurate files on all projects including scripts, audio/video notes, v/o talent information and music sources.
• Responsible for coordinating and scheduling timely delivery of creative product
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience at a television station, network or agency as an on-air writer/producer/shooter/editor
• Must be highly creative, innovative and have strong writing, video, original production and editing skills
• Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Proficiency with non-linear editing equipment, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro
• Proficiency with After Effects,
• Social Media Fluency
• Love and passion for news
• Great Attitude
• College degree/ Film/Production/Journalism
• Available to work weekends & evenings (when needed)
• Experience running shoots and original production