Morning News Anchor
Full Time Job
FOX 40 News is looking for experienced, energetic, engaging anchor to join our morning news team. We produce 5.5 hours of news each weekday from 4:30-10am, so you'll need every bit of that energy!
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a morning format that is fast, fresh, forward-looking, and fun. You should be a self-starter who proactively searches for relevant, time period-specific content and works collaboratively with producers and the Executive Producer to craft each show.
• Presents news stories, interviews, and other content in a credible, meaningful, and relatable way.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers content, including teases and promos, in a clear and concise manner.
• Acts as a field anchor/reporter as assigned.
• Conducts live interviews during newscasts.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances. Represents station at community and non-profit events.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for FOX40.com.
• Strong social media presence and proficiency, so as to interact and engage with viewers/users on social media channels.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting and/or anchoring. (More or less, depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
• Appreciation for and embracement of the incredibly diverse market we serve.
• Team player, able to work well with people who have a range of skill sets and personalities
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work other shifts as needed.