Full Time Job
FOX40 is looking for a full time Edit Coordinator for our newscasts.
The ideal candidate is a Final Cut Pro wizard who thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will oversee the editing for our newscasts, coordinate feeds, and edit, edit, edit! Final Cut Pro X, communication and multi-tasking skills are a must. Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things. Hours could include evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Oversee Editing for Newscasts
• Edit VO's, VOSOTs, and PKGs
• Delegate editing projects
• Coordinate the recording of feeds from live crews
• Liaison between producers and production assistants
• Floor direct, operate cameras, prompter or audio as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree or equivalent related experience is required.
• 2 years experience in a newsroom environment
• Must be proficient in Final Cut Pro
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. Must be able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines. Applicants need to be creative and technical.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
• Must be able to work closely with Directors, Producers, Editors, Acquisition, and Engineering.
• Final Cut Pro, TONS, OPUS
• Required to sit for long periods of time
• Required to operate a keyboard and mouse
• Some lifting
• Ladder climbing
Personal Protective Equipment
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Exposure to electrical equipment
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!