Anchor / Reporter
This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2020 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Anchor / Reporter jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Anchor / Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Anchor / Reporter? Anchor FOX40's weekend newscasts in an interesting, energetic and informative way. Set-up, produce and anchor special news segments. Responsible for shooting, writing and editing news stories when not anchoring. Regularly conduct interviews both live and pre-taped. Take ownership of stories from start to finish, from story pitches to gathering to airing. Must have a strong social media presence and be willing to represent FOX40 well at public events.
• Anchor regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Fill-in anchoring as directed.
• Act as newsroom leader.
• Write, edit, produce daily news stories including vo's, vo/sot's and packages that will air in our daily newscasts.
• Generate and setup news stories daily – evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Suggest daily news stories.
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
• Report ''live'' spot news stories.
• Report on-set, in newsroom or in the field.
• Enterprise special reports.
• Supervise the editing of news packages.
• Engage in community with public appearances.
• Uses various social media platforms to provide updates and news stories to the public.
• Read wires, newspapers, websites and follow social media daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or political science
• Previous TV reporting and anchoring experience
• Good attitude and team player
• Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable and passionate
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail • Must be able to accept constructive direction and criticism designed to enhance individual's performance
• Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure
• Required to cover news stories from the field
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.