KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KTLA is seeking a versatile Technical Director candidate who will be responsible as a TD and Director for a fun, dynamic daily show as well as for creating, maintaining, and managing lists and content for KTLA's digital master control server. The candidate will also fill in as a Technical Director on KTLA's daily and/or weekend news broadcasts.
• Operation of technical equipment and systems for a ''live to tape'' daily show
• Organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations
• Operates video switcher and associated equipment as required for the prep and execution of the show including but not inclusive of
• Cutting the show including cameras, remote shots, and playback
• Calling up pre-set camera shots during the show
• Monitoring and adjusting audio levels for the show
• Ingesting and building playlist of show clips
• Building and creating graphics playlist
• Create, build, modify effects and custom controls as needed
• Work with producers, talent, and crew to ensure all aspects of the production run smoothly
• Use of computers, intercom, and other equipment for coordination of production needs
• Create, edit, and maintain daily playlists for KTLA's digital master control server
• Manage the digital content on the server; ingest, prep, delete.
• Run Ross Overdrive for daily newscasts
• Undergraduate degree in broadcast technology radio/TV/film or equivalent related experience.
• Minimum two years of technical experience as a Technical Director.
• Demonstrable knowledge with all aspects of television production activities.
• Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment, be adaptable and have an even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving
• Must be proficient with production switchers preferably Ross Carbonite, Graphite, and Acuity
• Must be proficient with production automation systems preferably Ross Overdirve
• Experience with Ross Xpression, robotic camera operations, audio, editing a plus
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.