KTLALos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
KTLA is looking for a skilled Segment Producer to work on our Emmy Award winning liveRose Parade coverage. This job requires skills in researching, writing, producing andediting content for our New Year's Day celebration. Producer with a can-do attitude will workdirectly with Executive and Show Producers on story ideas and pitches. Responsibilities• Research stories for our Emmy Award winning Rose Parade Countdown coverage.• Book shoots including crew, talent, interviews, and locations.• Conduct onsite interviews and direct crew and talent in the field.• Write all scripts for segments.• Edit rough cut stories including voice over, music, A roll, and B roll.• Work with Executive Producers and Producers on story outline.• Position is temporary October to December.
• Bachelor's degree in film, communications, marketing, management, or related field
• Must be experienced in editing with Final Cut or Adobe Premier
• Capable of meeting tight deadlines and working with time constraints
• Must be a self-starter, able to excel independently
• Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
• Previous television editing experience a must
• Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
• Professional judgment for handling confidential information
• Excellent written and verbal communications
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.