Production Stage Manager / Prop Master
KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2022 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Production Stage Manager / Prop Master jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Production Stage Manager / Prop Master postings
Full Time Job
• Stage Manage daily newscasts and other original productions, including Special Events, Creative Services, Sales and Client productions.
• Responsible for the running of the show on stage, during telecast, including production cues, set changes, placement of props and talent positions.
• Responsible for all staging logistics on and off camera.
• Prepares stage prior to newscasts.
• Responsible for individual stage segments and coordinating studio and staging requirements with producers.
• Responsible for technical interface between production crew and producers
• Meets daily with producers and directors to determine needs of upcoming segments. Identify production elements including props and set elements.
• Organize and supervise all set changes including props and furnishings.
• Responsible for maintaining production preparedness of stages, ensuring studio is prepped for live broadcast and breaking news at a moment's notice.
• Maintains all props - responsible for ordering and organizing all prop inventory.
• Responsible for maintaining studio on-air fit and finish including floor paint, chromakey and set appearance.
• Contributes to all areas of studio support operations, including storage systems, inventory, set builds, maintenance and lighting.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date stage marks and maintaining the integrity of all set elements and dressings.
• Three to five years professional experience in live television stage managing and prop inventory.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must be an effective leader and be able to motivate people.
• Needs to work well under the pressure of a live broadcast.
• Should have a strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities.
• Working knowledge of News operating systems including ENPS a plus.
• Computer skills should also include Microsoft Office/Outlook experience.
• Must be able to make quick decisions and give accurate instructions to stage personnel during live broadcasts.
• Prop and grip experience a must.
• Must work well as a member of a team and be able to be a competent team leader.
• Must be a member of IATSE or willing to join.
• Applicant must be willing to work varied shifts which may include mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.