Production Associate Director / Director
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
• Facilitates pre-production and production requirements for daily live newscasts.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, tech rundowns, server layout, Ross automation coding.
• PCR: Live-shot coordination with Newscenter and field crews, timing/counting live and pre-produced elements including vo/sots, packages, reporter cues studio floor communication.
• Responsibilities also include tracking status of edited content for playout. Create MOS objects and verify rundown and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Multiple skill sets to capably fill in as a relief Director and Material Manager.
• Direct daily studio newscasts and remote productions as assigned
• Track, document and communicate technical and operational notes to Production, News, Engineering and Creative Services management as appropriate.
• Reconcile technical and operational issues related to daily News production processes.
• Code daily newscasts in Ross Overdrive automation.
• Provide desktop editing (FCP/Adobe Premiere) support when necessary.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Communicate technical and content elements to studio and remote production teams.
• Collaborate with producers to facilitate production elements including music, graphics,
lighting design, camera-blocking, props, set furnishings, and related presentation elements.
• Generate and distribute technical rundowns.
• Provide other production support (live and pre-recorded) for News Specials, Creative Services, Sports, Special Events, Digital and Client production.
• Facilitate production support aligned with Departmental and Station business objectives and priorities as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, Television Production or equivalent related experience.
• Five or more years of professional experience in television production and directing.
• Team player.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Adept at positively communicating, motivating, engaging and leading a production team.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under hard deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a dynamic, fluid and vigorous
environment associated with live News production.
• Current, comprehensive and broad knowledge of fundamental News production technologies.
• Intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Demonstrate creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
• Please provide video reel with PL track.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.