Producer / Writer
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
To write news stories and occasionally fill-in produce newscasts that air on KTLA.
• To write and edit VO's and VOSOT's for broadcast
• Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
• Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
• Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Desktop editing skills required
• Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Three years of TV news experience preferred
• Candidates must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites, and following social media daily.
• Suggest story ideas daily
• Familiarity with ENG/dejero operations (dejero/microwave/satl operations)
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro a plus
• Strong organizational and communication skills needed
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
Compensation - $35/hr+ commensurate with experience and skill level
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.