Producer / Writer
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KTLA, the #1 station in the #2 market, is looking for a Producer/Writer. In the heart of Hollywood, KTLA is like no other – from Bob Hope's sign-on to Red Carpets, Rose Parades, and powerhouse News, KTLA is beloved. And why LA? Los Angeles is a diverse community with hundreds of performing arts venues, museums, and unmatched sports/outdoor activities - and the perfect weather to enjoy them all!
KTLA's Producer/Writer is responsible for producing newscasts, and writing stories and teases.
Come join our incredible team. #TeamKTLA
• To write and edit VO's and VOSOT's for broadcast
• Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
• Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
• Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Desktop editing skills required
• Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Three years of TV news experience preferred
• Candidates must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites, and following social media daily.
• Suggest story ideas daily
• Familiarity with ENG/dejero operations (dejero/microwave/satl operations)
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro a plus
• Strong organizational and communication skills needed
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.