Producer / Writer
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
• To write and edit VO's and VOSOT's for broadcast
• Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
• Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
• Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Desktop editing skills required
• Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in a top ten market newsroom preferred.
• ENPS and Adobe Premiere experience preferred
• ENG/dejero experience preferred
• Candidates must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites, and follow social media daily.
• Suggest story ideas daily
• Strong organizational and communication skills needed
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!