Photographer / Editor
KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2022 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Photographer / Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Photographer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
KTLA Channel 5, located in the heart of Hollywood California, is looking for our next top performer. We require an experienced News Photographer and Live Truck Operator. This is a Union position, and all new hires will be responsible for joining IATSE Local 600.
This role will be responsible for daily newsgathering and working with a reporter using their experience to shoot and edit video to tell a story of news events in a fair, unbiased, and accurate manner. They will edit material to match script prepared by reporter, producer, or associate producer using in-house or field locations as needed. The photographer will work with the reporter to get complete stories and suggest how a story should be produced. The Photographer will keep assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and file all required paperwork. Ability to set up live remotes to allow transmission of all forms of media feeds for live-from-the-scene reports back to the station.
Requirements: Minimum of five (5) years' experience in News ENG Photography, Editing, and ENG/SNG live truck operation. Requires a valid California driver's license, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine. Detail-oriented, able to follow directions, great attitude, perform duties and make independent decisions under extreme pressure. This position will need to work Holidays, Weekends, Overnight, Early Morning, Late Evenings, etc. This is a 24/7 news operation.
News Photographer Responsibilities:
• Shoots video for news reports
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics, and shot requirements
• Set up, composes, and executes video shoots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and media content
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skill:
• High school diploma
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum of five years' experience operating video recording equipment
• Proficiency with computers, mobile apps, telephones, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, Time Management is crucial.
• Flexibility to work any shift
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.