KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2024 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Material Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Material Manager postings
Full Time Job
• Assist Director and Assoc. Director with prep and coordination pre-production and production elements for daily live newscasts.
• Coordinate and prepare edited video content for daily live newscasts.
• Track and update status of edited content for playback in daily live newscasts.
• Coordinate and communicate incoming feeds with Newscenter Ops. and field crews.
• Coordinate with News producers daily editing assignments in conjunction w/timeline for live feed ingest schedule.
• Provide desktop editing support (Adobe Premiere). Edit bumps and teases for News.
• Communicate and update News feed schedules to writers and producers.
• Perform quality analysis (QA) of all News feed video and edited content prior to broadcast.
• Manage and update News video archive database. Facilitate video archive requests and searches for all station departments.
• Cross-training: Trained in required skill sets to capably fill in as a relief Associate Director to cover vacation days and sick calls.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Generate a daily ''End of Shift Report'' (EOS) updating status of edited on content and Material Management facilities status.
• Provide Production Dept. with general and specific production assistance as required for all areas of News and Special Events production.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production, or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience working in live News production.
• Team player.
• Possess excellent organizational skills.
• Communicates and engages with co-workers in a positive and productive manner.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a dynamic work environment.
• Current on fundamental News pre-produced content workflow and technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
Compensation - $24/hr+ commensurate with experience and skill level
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.