KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Search for Maintenance Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Maintenance Engineer postings
Full Time Job
• Work in a deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple, simultaneous projects
• Work alone or with fellow employees implementing new equipment and systems
• Daily troubleshooting and user support of KTLA's air, production and news gathering operation
• Install and maintain computers to specifications as directed
• Attend to local users in both traditional office environment and real-time broadcast news environment. Be able to troubleshoot Windows and Mac OS workstations
• Troubleshoot problems in IT-based broadcast production and commercial playback automation systems. Work with system logs and work with vendors, software developers, corporate engineering, and end users to find and fix problems
• Must be versatile and have the ability to adapt to the diverse and changing hardware and software systems utilized at KTLA
• BS degree or equivalent certification in technical discipline, i.e., electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience. At least 3 years' job experience as a Maintenance Engineer.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• Knowledge of basic electronics, the electronic theory present in television broadcast equipment, and good troubleshooting skills
• Ability to efficiently complete assignments, independently determine and set priorities
• Have knowledge of: production and production automation system, switchers, audio boards, servers, studio cameras and robotics; master control automation systems; news gathering, microwave, satellite, and IP transmission/reception, field cameras, and NLE
• To install, test, and launch new gear and network equipment. Run, terminate network, video, audio, RF, and control cable as necessary. Update and correct drawings as necessary
• Maintain and repair station equipment as directed. To efficiently analyze, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctioning equipment and systems. Utilize test equipment, schematic diagrams, and station drawings.
• Update Management and fellow employees on progress/status of projects and any operational issues encountered.
• Must have computer, server, and network knowledge as it applies to broadcast operations
• Ability to effectively listen and communicate with operators, directors, producers, and other KTLA staff
• Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a creative and technical environment and to consistently work well with others.
• Ability to stand for long periods (greater than 1 hour) and to frequently lift weights up to 50 lbs
Compensation - $54.72/hr
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.