KTLA Marketing Strategist
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KTLA5 is the first commercial TV station licensed west of the Mississippi – join our team and be a part of LA history!
As the KTLA Marketing Strategist, you will be part of a high paced, innovative, collaborative and highly productive team. The ideal candidate will be part creative and part strategist with experience in creating and executing integrated marketing proposals and campaigns. The Marketing Strategist's responsibilities include working with Sales Management and a team of account executives to create and execute cross platform advertising campaigns – including all of KTLA's broadcast and digital / social media assets - in order generate incremental station revenue and achieve client strategic marketing goals; Participate in station/client/agency strategy presentations and meetings; Along with AEs and Sales Managers, the Marketing Strategist will be expected to collaborate with clients and advertising agency personnel, provide them feedback and innovative advertising solutions in order to achieve client marketing/advertising goals, and take ideas and turn them into opportunities, proposals and ultimately successful marketing campaigns. The Marketing Strategist will work closely with the KTLA Sales Team, the Creative Services, Traffic, and News Departments to create, track and execute marketing campaigns, promotions and sponsorships.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ability to take ideas and translate them into sellable marketing campaigns and promotions.
• Work with account executives and sales management to drive the creative ideation process for pitches and branded content.
• Participate and lead creative and strategic brainstorming sessions.
• Creation of sales and marketing materials including one-sheets, proposal decks, and presentations – including asset generation and copywriting.
• Maintain the Master Proposal File, Marketing/Promotional Pending / Tracking Reports, and Sales & Marketing Calendars.
• Manage and execute native advertising and branded content campaigns.
• Work with Digital Sales Manager and News Digital Team on social media advertising and branded content execution.
• Contribute to content strategy for video and digital campaigns.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Highly motivated with the ability to work in an extremely fast pace and challenging environment.
• A self-starter with strong execution and follow-up skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication / presentation skills
• Ability to think creatively and prioritize projects and deadlines.
• High proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required.
• Knowledge of the local marketplace and KTLA News - especially as it relates to broadcast and digital / social media branding and marketing, including but not limited to talent, advertising sponsors, production elements such as voice-over, lower third and on-set branding opportunities, and pre-produced media / branding packages.
• Dedicated to providing innovative experiences for our clients.
• Ability to multi-task and interface with clients, station personnel and various personalities daily
• Minimum three (3) years of sales or marketing experience required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.