IT Systems Engineer
KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
IT Systems Technician will assist with the day-to-day IT support and maintenance for the station's network, workstations, servers, databases, firewall, printers, VPN, wireless access points, domain controller and related broadcast television equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with managing user accounts and assist users with E-mail and desktop support
• Assist with the installation, including the wiring and termination of network cable, of servers and workstations to the standards specified by KTLA.
• Management of servers and workstations with various Windows OS
• Administer antivirus and similar support systems
• Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services
• Work closely with Engineering to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• A two-year computer & networking related college degree or better; or an equivalent combination of education and experience suf?cient to successfully perform the essential duties of an IT Engineer such as problem solving, detailed analysis, logistical thinking, organization, strong interpersonal skills, and a high skill level in all aspects of IT Engineering
• Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus
• Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN required
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems required
• Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred
• Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding and file transcoding a plus
• Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The IT Systems Manager must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the effectiveness of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The IT Systems Technician must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.