Digital Engagement Editor
KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Engagement Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Digital Engagement Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Engagement Editor?
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Engagement Editor
Reports to: Executive producer, digital
KTLA is looking for a digital editor to focus on online audience engagement and analytics, with the goal of better understanding and serving our Southern California community while maximizing the reach of our journalism. The right person has a passion for local news, a commitment to ethical reporting, a keen eye for digital trends, a deep understanding of social media and traffic analytics, and a desire to interact directly with the news-consuming public. This is a new position on our growing digital team and an opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our vision and journalism.
The digital engagement editor is analytics-focused and responsible for finding both daily and bigger-picture trends in our online and social audience, and in the news industry as a whole – and for using that knowledge to help guide KTLA's online strategy, news decision-making, and community building.
The digital engagement editor should be:
• Committed to ethical reporting and thoughtful, responsible journalism
• Passionate about covering local news in Southern California and serving our community
• An excellent team player and effective communicator who's able to work comfortably with a wide variety of personalities and skill levels
• A savvy consumer and/or producer of visual journalism, including edited video, and data journalism
• An experienced manager of social media accounts on a variety of platforms
• Excited about innovation and interested in following industry trends
• Proficient in SEO, Google Trends, and audience and social analytics tools
• A strong, clear and fast writer
• Sensitive to issues of representation and respectful of the diverse communities that make up Southern California
• Receptive to feedback and flexible with regard to shifting work responsibilities
• Analyze audience, traffic and social media data daily, providing regular reports and frequent observations to digital managers and digital news producers
• Work with digital managers to shape – and continually reshape – social media and online content strategy, including newsletters
• Interact and engage with KTLA viewers and audience on social media, working to understand interests and build community while thoughtfully representing our brand
• Help plan and execute SEO and social media strategy based on data, supporting and coaching digital staff
• Coach talent and KTLA staff in best practices on social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Research and help plan KTLA's response to emerging platforms and trends
• Participate in daily news coverage meetings
• Though not a primary or daily duty, the engagement editor must be able to write/edit clear and accurate news stories and headlines as needed, and do it quickly.
• Coordination with business/sales side of the station, as needed
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or communication
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience managing social accounts
• Deep knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms and engagement strategies
• Confidence and experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Trends, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Social News Desk or SocialFlow
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
• Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines and timelines
Previous experience in a newsroom is preferred but we are open to candidates with the right skills who are not from a news background.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.