KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/24/2021 11:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Associate Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Director?
Full Time Job
• Facilitates production and pre-production requirements for daily live newscasts.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, technical rundowns, clip playout, Ross Overdrive coding.
• PCR: Live-shot coordination with Newscenter and field crews, timing/counting live and pre-produced video including vo/sots, packages, reporter cues, field and floor director communication.
• Responsibilities include tracking status of edited content for playout and verify rundown and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Backup newscast Director and/or Material Management relief as required.
• Provide desktop editing (Adobe Premiere) support when necessary.
• Track daily server playout status and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Assist with non-News and Special Events productions as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience directing or associate directing live News production.
• Works collaboratively (team player).
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Communicates positively and constrcutively. Positively engage and motivate co-workers and lead a production team.
• Exact time management and works efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a fluid and vigorous work environment.
• Comprehensive and current knowledge of News production technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!