KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• Facilitates pre-production and production requirements for daily live newscasts.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, tech rundowns, server layout, Ross automation coding.
• PCR: Live-shot coordination with Newscenter and field crews, timing/counting live and pre-produced elements including vo/sots, packages, reporter cues studio floor communication.
• Responsibilities also include tracking status of edited content for playout. Create MOS objects and verify rundown and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Multiple skill sets to capably fill in as a relief Director and Material Manager.
• Provide desktop editing (FCP/Adobe Premiere) support when necessary.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Assist with non-News and Special Events productions as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience directing or associate directing live News production.
• Team player.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Adept at positive communication. Can motivate, engage and lead a production team.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a fluid and vigorous work environment that accompanies live News production.
• Current and comprehensive knowledge of fundamental News production technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!