Assistant News Director, Digital
KTLALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2022 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assistant News Director, Digital jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant News Director, Digital postings
Full Time Job
KTLA is LA's Very Own. We are extraordinarily proud to be Southern California's go-to team for news, entertainment and lifestyle content on TV, online and OTT. Here is your chance be part of it!
ktla.com is already one of the top trafficked local news websites in the country with tremendous opportunity to grow into an even stronger digital brand. The Assistant News Director-Digital is responsible for managing the team to improve the daily packaging of all digital content with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic, as well as coaching and recruiting the best talent. The Assistant News Director-Digital will be a first-rate Journalist and engaging content creator with a proven track record growing digital audience. The Assistant News Director-Digital will also oversee KTLA+, our pioneering video app for smart TV platforms. In addition to streaming all KTLA newscasts and original programming, KTLA+ features more than 10 hours of exclusive streaming content each week.
• Oversee daily operation of ktla.com and KTLA+.
• Train, coach, and manage a team of digital producers and editor/distro producers
• Communicate goals, processes and expectations for digital success across all departments
• Communicate digital data goads and results on a daily basis to digital team and regional lead plus the other Nexstar stations based in California
• Establish expectations and accountability for digital KPIs, including increasing pageviews and pages/session
• Evaluate website and streaming traffic trends to make daily and long-term content decisions
• Assign and edit stories, photographs, graphics, videos, audio and other news content for digital platforms
• Build relationships across the newsroom to assure we are first to market with breaking news and enterprise content
• Willing to adjust shift as needed to coach direct reports or produce content if necessary
• Thorough knowledge of journalistic principles, ethics and standards
• Excellent news judgment and knowledge in managing online news operations
• Organized, technical problem solver to manage briskly paced, multi-platform digital news operation
• Expert in SEO best practices and A.P. Style
• Proficient in Google Analytics, Chartbeat, and CrowdTangle
• Excellent communications skills to effectively navigate the evolving and growing influence of digital across all departments
• Self-motivated, competitive, assertive and capable of working independently and under pressure
• Experience in building digital news teams and news operations
• At least five years' experience managing an online operation with strong news or editorial focus preferred
• B.A. in journalism, mass communications, marketing. Equivalent experience may substitute
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.