Digital Content Manager
KSWBSan Diego, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/18/2021 3:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Search for Digital Content Manager jobs in San Diego-CA
Search all Digital Content Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Content Manager? The Digital Content Manager will focus on originating, supporting and growing two dynamic local news websites and multiple social media platforms. Ideal candidate must be innovative and be able to work with multiple departments at the station. This position will manage a digital team and work collaboratively with the newsroom to create content that will engage viewers on every platform. If you love digital and creating new ways to reach news users online, then this is the job for you.
• Manage the daily tasks of all digital contributors
• Work with news management to coordinate the daily news operations for websites and digital platforms, including social media
• Set up processes and workflows to enable content to get to all media platforms in an efficient manner, including sales and marketing support
• Create, write, edit and publish engaging online content for the station's websites and social media platforms. Identify and work ''top'' web stories to maximize engagement
• Manage and analyze analytics and make suggestions as necessary in order to engage and grow viewers
• Train News staff on social media best practices; communicate social media initiatives, changes and trends
• Set digital expectations and hold teams accountable for meeting goals. Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing performance feedback to digital team
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 3-5 years' newsroom/online news experience preferred
• Management/supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
• Experience working with online metrics and analytics
• Working knowledge of web-design tools (HTML, CMS, site development, Adobe Creative Cloud products and FTP programs) preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.