KSWBSan Diego, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: Associate Producer
REPORTS TO: Executive Producer/Producer
ROLE: Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Accuracy, excellence in production techniques and writing.
• Write and support line producers for assigned newscasts. Fill-in produce.
• Manage and write graphics for assigned stories and update them as need be.
• Research, confirm and update local, state, national and international stories through multiple sources including websites, FOX/CNN & Tribune News services, wires and social media.
• Help determine placement of stories in the newscast and advise producer on story format changes
• Plan future segments, topics, guests and story ideas.
• Post stories to the web.
• Assist assignment desk in making calls to confirm story details.
• Maintain social media presence.
• Additional duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
• 1-2 years experience in a working newsroom as either a writer or production assistant.
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must have solid news judgment
• Must be a consistent and solid writer
• Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
• Work well in a strong team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail orientated
• Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed