KSWBSan Diego, CA
Full Time Job
ROLE: To join a TEAM! Anchor newscasts to convey information and stories to the public. Ability to ad-lib and handle breaking news.
• Anchor regularly scheduled and special newscasts produced by the station.
• Regularly write and proofread stories on assigned broadcasts.
• Enterprise special reports.
• Use various social media platforms to provide updates and news stories to the public.
• Attend station partnerships in the community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or political science
• Previous TV anchoring and reporting experience preferred
• Good attitude and team player
• Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable and passionate
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Must be able to accept constructive direction and criticism designed to enhance individual's performance
• Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure