KswbSan Diego, CA
Full Time Job
Purpose: To join a TEAM!
• Must be adept in ad-libbing.
• Use of WSI weather and traffic software
• Sponsorship trafficking
• Use of social media during and after daily newscasts.
• Generate weather stories daily – evaluate weather content and tips to develop story ideas. Suggest daily weather content stories.
• Establish and maintain contacts in the community as well as host community events
• Report LIVE in the field.
• Interview studio guests.
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or political science
• Prefer individual who has either reported on regularly scheduled news broadcasts on a commercial or public television station or on a radio station
• Prefer an individual who has worked as an on air television professional for commercial broadcasts- news or otherwise with considerable experience in hosting and presenting
• Strong on-air presentation , must be credible, personable and passionate
• Ability to adlib news stories, the weather, weather and environmental stories with ease and accuracy
• Must be available to report on any and all newscasts
• May be required to cover news stories in the field