KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Fox 13 is seeking a full-time news photojournalist/visual storyteller who wants to join our talented, award-winning photography staff that can bring more than just a good eye to work. We are seeking someone who not only excels at capturing strong visuals and crisp audio but is also passionate about chasing breaking news. Must have an outside-the-box, forward-thinking approach to unique, visually creative and compelling stories. We want someone willing to participate and provide editorial input on stories and daily newscasts. Team players who collaborate well with others in the newsroom are required. We are an NPPA storytelling shop and submit to quarterlies, dues paid annually.
• Capture visually creative video and gather news stories, either teamed up with a reporter or solo.
• Edit packages and VOSOTs in the field and at the station.
• Operate ENG & SNG camera from newsroom, studio, or remove locations, including lighting, audio, running cables, etc.
• Gather facts and information to support news stories.
• Maintain camera gear, vehicles, edit systems, etc.
• Additional duties as necessary.
• Needs to be open to expanded duties.
• Must bring advanced digital and social media skills.
• Must be flexible with working varying shifts, including willingness to work weekends, mornings, late nights and holidays.?
• High school diploma or equivalent, bachelors degree in communication, broadcast journalism, or related preferred
• 2 years of experience working in a daily news gathering environment
• Must be familiar with Sony XD cameras
• Able to operate live remote equipment - ENG, SNG, Bonded Cellular, etc.
• FAA Part 107 certificate preferred or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire date
• Non-linear editing skills. Final Cut Pro experience preferred
• News is 24/7. We need photographers who can work any shift
• Willingness to travel with little to no notice and work overtime
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 poundsWorking RelationshipsReports directly to Chief Photographer and takes direction on assignments from news managers and assignment editors.Contribute story ideas at daily editorial meeting.
• • • Must be a team player and able to work well with others.
• Represent the station to the community in a professional manner.