Director, Business Development
Kin CommunityLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Title: Director, Business Development Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer Location: Los Angeles, CA (Currently Remote)
Kin is looking for a strategic, detail-oriented and persuasive Director of Business Development to join our team. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and negotiating profitable new business opportunities including content acquisition, co-production and work-for-hire deals with major broadcast and cable TV networks and streaming platforms. This person will also be responsible for developing additional long-term business growth strategies, as well as managing relationships with existing content and distribution partners.
Who You'll Work With:
The Director of Business Development will work alongside Kin's CRO to build strong relationships with new and existing content and distribution partners, negotiate business development deals and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and negotiate content and distribution deals with major broadcast and cable TV networks and streaming platforms
- Develop strategic partnership proposals for new business development opportunities
- Surface qualified new business leads and streamline outreach and ongoing communication efforts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Kin's content offerings and production capabilities to develop profitable business opportunities
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g., talent, programming and development, production, post-production, finance and operations) to build and maintain successful partnerships with new and existing content and distribution partners
- Effectively communicate timelines and deliverables internally and externally to ensure deadlines are met
- Explore and evaluate inbound business development opportunities
Who You Are:
- A relationship builder - you genuinely enjoy establishing and maintaining strong personal and business relationships with people
- A diplomat, with a knack for communicating sometimes difficult messages
- A go-getter - you are motivated by a goal and aggressively pursue it
- A strategist - you have ideas and a POV, plus the knowledge, communication and decision-making skills to bring those to the table
What You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in business development, with preferably 2+ years at a Director level or higher
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Large network of contacts in the traditional linear and streaming space
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with internal and external people at all levels
- Extreme attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of contractual terms in the linear, streaming and digital space
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining a level of flexibility to handle shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed by nature and a willingness to take initiative and be resourceful
- Proven track record meeting goals
- Experience managing a team (preferred, but not required)
What We Offer:
We are an energetic, focused, and start-up minded work environment. We believe that the best work comes from a happy environment. We like to have fun, be creative and give back. We're focused on being the best at what we do, and we're serious about pushing ourselves and being productive.
- Competitive salaries
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance for you
- Unlimited vacation days
- Cell phone reimbursements
- Monthly company happy hours and events
Kin makes shows for diverse women's audiences 25+, who are building their careers, homes, and family. Our shows super-serve this audience with meaningful and entertaining programming they can relate to in categories that include home, style, family and food.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online