Spring Intern - TV / ABC 7 Sports
KGO-TVSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2019 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - TV / ABC 7 Sports jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Spring Intern - TV / ABC 7 Sports postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Spring Intern - TV / ABC 7 Sports? Job Summary:
ABC 7 in San Francisco is looking for a Sports Intern. You'd get paid to watch sports. Seriously. It doesn't get any better than that. Our sports interns are the eyes and ears of the department. You'd be tracking the live game broadcasts and alerting us of any key trends, stats, and information. There are also opportunities to go to the games and help our photographer gather interviews on the field pregame and in the locker rooms postgame.
Make an impact by…:
• Logging live games
• Helping our sports photographers in the field
• Learning and asking questions from the Sports Department staff
We're looking for…:
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Experience with MS Office.
• Prior newsroom internship.
• Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
• Strong, ongoing knowledge of hard news/current events.
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Courses taken in producing/writing/editing
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
• Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
• Knowledge of news software such as Dalet.
• We are looking for people that have a knowledge of the Bay Area sports teams and their rosters.
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in San Francisco, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through May 2020
• Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 20 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.