KGO-TVSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Producer, KGO-TV/ABC7 News (Walt Disney Television)
KGO-TV/ABC7 News, the ABC Owned and Operated Television station in San Francisco, has an immediate opening for a Morning Executive Producer to join our ABC7 News team.
We are seeking an innovative leader with superior news judgment to drive the gathering, creation and distribution of engaging, compelling content. The EP manages content for digital and linear in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy, a track record of breaking news success stories and thrive in a very competitive environment. This person will excel by executing big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage. We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills. The EP will inspire the news team to produce enterprise content for liner, digital and social with storytelling that is optimized for each screen.
• Complete oversight for the newscasts and all content across our multiple platforms, including story selection, production and newsroom management while implementing innovative strategies to be competitive in the market
• Design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms, including working with audience development to ensure the brand promise is met with our multi-platform content
• Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great content
• Inspire producers and writers to use creative production techniques and new forms of media to enhance content across platforms
• Supervise newscast and digital producers and writers and provide consistent feedback by setting goals and tracking progress
• Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings and overseeing editorial decisions while ensuring content is consistent and appropriate
• Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
• Copy edit linear and digital scripts
• Foster a positive work-place attitude and encourage a collaborative spirit
• 8 plus years experience in local television news production
• 5 plus years previous management experience in a top 20 market preferred
• Must have superior news judgment
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field, or equivalent experience
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.