Digital Live Desk Reporter
KGO-TVSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Live Desk Reporter (AFTRA)
POSITION: Digital Live Desk Reporter (AFTRA) DATE POSTED: August 8, 2019
KGO-TV/ABC7, the Disney Owned Television Station in San Francisco, is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, technically-savvy multi-platform journalist to join our morning daypart team. Candidates should have experience working and multitasking in a high-pressure environment.
Applicant must possess:
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills;
• Proficiency with AP Style;
• Solid knowledge of basic HTML and strong grasp of social media.
Key responsibilities include:
• Timely posting of breaking news on digital platforms;
• Working with morning news producers to coordinate on-air news coverage and strong live presentation skills;
• This person will be a digital producer/reporter first, on-air reporter second;
• Make your mark on abc7news.com and social media by being a digital superstar!
• If you are comfortable handling live breaking news on-air and online, please apply;
• Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area is a bonus;
• College degree preferred;
• This is an AFTRA position.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.