Spring Intern - KFSN Newsroom
Part Time Unpaid Internship
KFSN, the Disney/ABC Owned TV station in Fresno, CA. You will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
• Attend production meetings.
• Assist the assignment desk.
• Answer phones and conduct beat checks.
• View and log tapes.
• Transcribe interviews.
• Research news topics (including online/social media news research).
• Aid in the planning of news series.
• Observe editors, writers, producers, directors, and technical crews.
• Travel with reporters and field crews for stories and live remotes on occasion.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Experience with MS Office.
• Prior newsroom internship.
• Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related major.
• Strong, ongoing knowledge of hard news/current events.
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Courses taken in producing/writing/editing
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news, and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
• Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available full time for 12 weeks from January – May
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. The position is located in Fresno, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KFSN Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
KFSN Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.