Traffic Anchor / Reporter
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2021 7:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Traffic Anchor / Reporter jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Traffic Anchor / Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Traffic Anchor / Reporter? KDVR/FOX31 is looking for a traffic anchor/reporter to join the FOX31 Morning News Team and deliver on-air updates during our morning news. This person is responsible for reporting traffic incidents and related news stories, and they should be adept at ad-libbing information conversationally and disseminating information unscripted in a compelling, often urgent style.
Candidate will need to report traffic on all media platforms including mobile and social media. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to fill in as an anchor on the morning show when requested. The ideal candidate should be able to also gather and report impactful news stories related to traffic, the environment, weather, and other topics in the newscasts, especially in the short term as COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders have limited traffic on metro roadways.
The traffic anchor/reporter must be available to appear at some community events, speaking engagements, promotions and other FOX31 functions, and as such, represent FOX31 well to the public.
The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience and knowledge of Colorado; with at least three years of experience reporting on regularly scheduled broadcasts.
• Collect, write and narrate information regarding breaking news and daily traffic coverage
• Conduct live reports and interviews during newscasts regarding traffic and traffic-related stories
• Communicate with the station's traffic information provider, and local dispatchers and first responders.
• Collaborate with producers, anchors and the assignment desk
• Produce content for KDVR.com, Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 3+ years reporting experience
• Knowledge of Denver's major roads, highways, expressways and traffic patterns preferred
• Demonstrated ability to deliver clear and efficient information in a live newscast
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.