Part Time Job
Part - Time Technician, Production (NE)
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Part-Time Technician Production.
We're looking for entry level people with video editing skills and a passion for broadcasting. You will edit video for our live lifestyle show, as well as work in the studio and control room during the show: floor directing, running cameras, operating audio, and more. Must be able to demonstrate non-linear editing skills, and we'll teach you the rest. Related college coursework is preferred. This is a great opportunity to get into a newsroom and gain some valuable experience.
• Editing video for lifestyle show (VO's, VOSOTS, PKG's)
• Set up and maintenance of studio for show
• Various studio positions during show including:
• Operating robotic studio cameras
• Operating handheld camera
• Operating jib camera
• Floor directing
• Operating audio board
• Other duties as assigned
• Pulling airchecks of segments from the show each day and posting them to our website/social media
• Client/guest facing daily tasks
• Greet guests as they arrive
• Prep them for that day's show: what to expect, what time their segment will be on, etc.
• Assist in set up and tear down of guest displays for show
• Escorting guests on and off the set
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be fast and accurate with non-linear editing
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to handle the pressure of a live broadcast
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Exposure to electrical equipment
Education and Experience
• Must be proficient in non-linear editing. Adobe Premier experience preferred.
• Experience in multi-camera studio production is desired
• College coursework in video production is preferred
All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Starting salary: $15.87+/hr based on experience.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check