Full Time Job
Are you a show doctor who currently produces a newscast filled with urgent, impactful news?
Do you LOVE to win the day, every day, on all platforms?
Are you looking for a rare opportunity to take your career to the next level – with an introductory role in management – in a city as exciting and beautiful as Denver, Colorado?
KDVR/KWGN, the Fox and CW affiliate in Denver, Colorado, is looking for a creative and aggressive Supervising Producer to oversee our 4p/5p/7p newscasts.
The Supervising Producer must be a someone who embodies a digital-first approach to delivering news. This individual must be full of fresh ideas to ''produce-up'' content from some of the nation's best storytellers. We have a beautiful set, talented anchors, a dedicated production team, and everything you need to produce a newscast differently and more creatively every day!
• Overall responsibility for 2.5 hours of news, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for other weekday early evening newscasts.
• Work with a strong team to create innovative news content across all platforms in a digital-first environment; be able to think differently and critically
• Oversee three producers and a handful of associate producers in the development of an urgent newscast in a fast-paced work environment
• Create a positive work culture
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage
• Strong news judgment and working knowledge of current events and community issues impacting viewers here in Colorado and around the world
• Step in to write and produce on occasion as needed
• Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Rotate on a weekend on-call list
• Coordinate schedules with Executive Producers, the News Director and other news department managers
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years of news producing experience
• 2+ years of supervisory experience helpful, not required
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Compensation & Benefits:
• Pay: $65K-$70K salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
KDVR/KWGN is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.