Reporter / MMJ
Full Time Job
KDVR/FOX31 Denver and KWGN/Colorado's Own Channel 2 are looking for an experienced MMJ/reporter to join our team.
We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings great story ideas to the meetings, cultivates sources, and wins the story each day on ALL platforms.
You must have strong storytelling skills and an energetic/creative delivery. We are looking for someone who is enterprising and passionate about news.
Ideal candidate should handle breaking news and live shots with ease, be able to multitask on all platforms, while also being able to dig deep into a variety of topics for compelling, promotable reports with high production value.
MMJ experience is required. College degree and a minimum of five years television news reporting experience preferred; must be a team player who can multi-task under deadline pressure and work a flexible schedule.
• Pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our website
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum 4 years' experience as a journalist (at least 3 of those years should be as an MMJ)
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary: $70,000
• Paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, disability insurance, and life insurance.