Full Time Job
News Photojournalist – KDVR/KWGN – Denver, CO
The primary responsibility of the news photographer/storyteller is to shoot and edit video under deadline pressure.
• Ensures sound and picture quality of all video shot
• Works alone or with a reporter to shoot and edit for broadcast
• Drives and operates ENG Microwave Van
• Operates Dejero LIVE devices
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and be responsible for its up-keep
• Edit stories for newscasts
• Obtain FAA-107 license in 90 days to legally operate sUAS
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflections of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other, or different, tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Requirements & Skills
• Ability to shoot and edit video in all kinds of settings and under extreme deadline pressure
• Ability to drive and operate ENG Microwave Van
• Operate assigned photography equipment
• Knowledge of how assigned photography gear works to perform minor repairs and troubleshoot in-field, if necessary
• Ability to operate linear and non-linear videotape editing
• Ability to type
• Ability to handle telephones and other communication equipment
• Must possess a valid state driver's license (or be able to get one) and maintain a clean driving record
• Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc.
• Good vision to shoot and edit video
• Ability to lift 100 lbs. or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of a camera, light kit, tripod, batteries, etc.
• Work in all kinds of weather conditions
• Ability to accommodate travel assignments out of the market as required
Salary Range: $24-$28.50/hr Based on Experience
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn/or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check