Morning News Producer
Full Time Job
KDVR/KWGN – Denver – Morning News Producer
The successful candidate should consistently produce a show that stands out as best in their market.
You should know how to ''produce up'' a story, live and breathe digital and thrive at integrating it into your shows.
We're seeking someone with 2+ years of news producing experience.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
• Be creative and create compelling and memorable newscasts
• Write creative headlines and teases
• Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
• Search wire services, network feeds, websites and social media to find relevant material for newscasts
• Collaborate with news operations staff to build graphics
• Work with directors and anchors on presentation of stories
• Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate solid news judgment
• Maintain strong journalistic ethics
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Research and brainstorm story ideas, present ideas in editorial meetings • Generate promotable story ideas daily
• Post and update stories to station website and social media sites, engage viewers
• Communicate with the web staff during breaking news
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Write news stories
• Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
• Knowledge of newsroom software
• Knowledge of web posting software
• Strong research skills, including online research using various search engines
• Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
• Knowledge of engaging on social media
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Demonstrate leadership through training and mentoring less experienced staff members; guide others to get the desired outcome
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
• Edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
• Build graphics and use effectively in shows
• Handle and adjust to last-minute changes
• Make quick, accurate decisions during the on-air process
Salary Range: $25 -- $30/hour -- Based on Experience
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check