Morning Executive Producer
Full Time Job
Morning Executive Producer Job Description – Daybreak on 2/Denver
KWGN in Denver, Colorado is looking for its next morning executive producer. This is a big job, and it comes with a lot of resources and a talented team of journalists on-air and behind-the-scenes to help you win.
You will be overseeing the Daybreak on 2 Morning news program.
We are looking for a proven newsroom leader who embodies an audience-first approach to delivering news. This individual will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas to our newsroom.
You should think big picture, have a strategy to continue our morning dominance, and lead the charge to win weather and breaking news every day.
You are a leader who creates a positive work culture and makes the time to coach, train, and help your team grow.
As a bonus, you get to live in one of the most vibrant cities in the United States, Denver, Colorado, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains.
• Overall responsibility for 4.5 hours of morning newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for other weekday newscasts.
• Work with a strong team to create innovative news content across all platforms in an audience-first environment; be able to think differently and critically.
• Lead a team that produces an urgent newscast in a fast-paced work environment.
• Coach and train a strong team of producers; create a positive work culture.
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage.
• Strong news judgement and working knowledge of current events and community issues impacting viewers here in Colorado and around the world.
• You should be able to step-in and produce on a very limited basis.
• Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Rotate as weekend on-call manager.
• Coordinate schedules with News Director and other news department managers.
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required.
• 5 years of news producing experience
• 2+ years of supervisory experience REQUIRED.
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories.
• Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Salary Range $70K -- $85K
• To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check