Morning Anchor / Reporter
Full Time Job
KDVR/KWGN, the Nexstar-owned FOX/CW duopoly in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an experienced morning news anchor/reporter to join our winning team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging talent who can connect with an audience on all platforms on Colorado's Own Channel 2 Daybreak. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills, and the ability to tell memorable stories. You must have a track record of enterprising stories and winning the day.
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the target viewer. We are looking for an experienced anchor who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, drives important and breaking news and does quality in-depth reporting on a daily basis.
• Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
• Covers ''day-of'' news in accordance with station brand initiatives and audience content priorities
• Works with producers and writers to improve newscasts
• Engage with audience on all relevant social media platforms
• Represents station at public events
• Minimum of 5 years of on-air experience
• Minimum of 3 years of anchoring experience
• Past anchoring and reporting experience required
• Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work a flexible schedule
• Degree in Journalism or related field
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!