This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2021 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Meteorologist jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Meteorologist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Meteorologist?
Full Time Job
Are you an experienced meteorologist hungry for an opportunity to get creative and produce and anchor weather-related content, programs, and broadcasts on-air and on a variety of digital platforms in one of the nation's fastest growing cities?
Do you have a knack for producing some of the most engaging digital content in your market and think you could bring it to Denver and help us produce weather-related content that could benefit viewers across the state?
Do you love urgency, inconvenient and severe weather, and are you prepared to keep Coloradans up-to-date with the latest weather information every day?
KDVR Fox 31 in Denver and KWGN/Colorado's Own Channel 2 has an immediate opening for an experienced Digital/On-Air Meteorologist.
We're seeking a meteorologist to anchor weathercasts and produce weather content for our digital platforms including live streams on FOX31 NOW, occasionally report from the field during severe and inclement weather, and also do a bit of fill-in on morning, evening, and weekend shows.
We want someone who consistently produces a user-friendly weathercast, that simplifies the science into easy-to-understand terminology. You must be a self-starter and work well independently. You should have good on-air presence, be able to convey urgency, and be a creative storyteller LIVE in the field and in our Pinpoint Weather Beast when conditions warrant.
In addition, you should be proficient in live streaming platforms, have experience with photo and non-linear editors, and be a strong and creative writer. Knowledge of Wordpress and HTML is a plus.
The successful candidate is someone who has a true passion for reporting across all station platforms.
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three years' experience as a meteorologist
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Multiple years of news experience both in front of the camera and behind would be preferred
• Knowledge of Wordpress, HTML is a plus
• Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus
• Experience in OBS Studio and/or comparable live streaming platforms
• Experience with photo editors (such as Photoshop), non-linear video editors (such as Premiere)
• Proficient in creating content for - and managing - social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Outstanding news judgement, with an ability to adapt to rapidly developing situations in breaking news environments
• Strong on-air presence; Produces easy-to-understand weathercasts. Speaks with urgency especially about pending severe or inclement weather.
• Reports news stories for broadcast and digital, describing the background and details of events, often without a script.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following a prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Pitches stories to news managers and producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• The Digital/On-Air Meteorologist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Anchor/Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Examples of your work we want to see:
• Reel with a full weathercast included.
• Video content produced -- digital and social
• Unique, original weather graphics created for all platforms
• Multiple web articles, both forecasts and other weather-related content
• Links to your station-branded social media pages
Compensation & Benefits:
• Pay: $70K-$80K salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.