Full Time Job
Are you an experienced journalist who delivers news with accuracy, urgency, and impact?
Are you at your best when it comes to delivering breaking news in a clear and concise manner?
Are you a leader in your newsroom? Ready for the next challenge in a vibrant city with a fantastic work-life balance?
KDVR/KWGN, the Nexstar-owned FOX/CW duopoly in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an experienced evening news anchor to join our winning team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging talent who can connect with an audience on all platforms. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, play an active role in the daily process to identify topics for coverage, and be on top of their game when it comes to covering breaking news and weather.
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the target viewer. We are looking for an experienced anchor who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, drives impactful and breaking news and does quality in-depth content gathering and reporting when needed.
• Co-Anchors several evening newscasts
• Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
• Ability to adlib in breaking news situations
• Demonstrates leadership in the newsroom, working in conjunction with your co-anchor and news managers.
• Mentor members of the news staff
• Work with producers and writers to improve newscasts
• Engage with audience on all relevant digital platforms
• Promote good citizenship and makes a positive impact on the communities we serve.
• Represent the station at public events
• Minimum of 6 years of on-air experience
• Minimum of 4 years of regular anchoring experience required
• Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
• Strong work ethic and the ability to perform independently.
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work a flexible schedule
• Degree in Journalism or related field
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary: $200k+ commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.