This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2023 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Editor, Assignments jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Editor, Assignments postings
Full Time Job
Editor, Assignments (NE)
KDVR/KWGN is looking for a dynamic journalist who thrives on breaking news, enterprise stories, and aggressive coverage to join our team as a full-time assignment editor.
The ideal candidate understands how to cover spot news with urgency and attention to detail, and has an understanding of cross-platform, multi-media coverage. Must have excellent news judgment and instincts, with the ability to find stories that will help make our newscasts unique and distinctive.
You should be a highly motivated, very organized, multi-tasker. You should be a good communicator with people in the newsroom and crews in the field. You should be a natural leader who can instantly take charge during breaking news.
You should be skilled in monitoring social media and other sources to find and break news in our community. Be prepared to handle multiple breaking news stories in a fast-paced newsroom.
Previous assignment desk experience is important – however if you've worked in a news organization in another position, -- you might have the skills it takes to do this job. If you're a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or PIO looking for a new challenge – you would be encouraged to apply. Knowledge of how court cases move through the system is required. Must have good interpersonal skills. A curious mind, investigational skills and the ability to dig deeper into a story is essential.
• Multi-task successfully, especially during breaking news
• Monitor social media and find news
• Create relationships with sources, and PIOs and help break news in our community.
• Dispatch crews with urgency to cover news
• Keep the day's assignments organized using newsroom software
• Communicate with filed crews, producers, digital, and managers about changes in newsgathering and assignments
• Build strong relationships with assignment editors at other Nexstar stations.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Prior assignment desk and/or newsroom experience very helpful, and not required
• A calm, cool demeanor especially in stressful situations.
• A passion for problem solving
• Strong editorial judgment
• A passion for tracking and winning breaking news.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Pay: $24-28/hour based on experience
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn/ or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check