Digital Production Tech
Full Time Job
Digital Production Tech
KDVR/KWGN – Denver
Are you looking for a job that helps you grow in the TV business, diversifying your skills between digital newsgathering and behind-the-scenes production newscasts?
A job that allows you to get creative with digital content on our station's website, live digital show, and our social media channels, while also using that creativity to help make our TV newscasts and shows look better?
An opportunity in a city that's growing, vibrant, and sits at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and all the fun (hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, vacationing) that comes with it?
KDVR/KWGN – the FOX and CW affiliate in Denver, Colorado, is seeking a Digital Production Tech. This job is about 60% digital producing and 40% production work. It's a great entry level job in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
You'll spend part of your week creating, producing, and editing digital content and the rest of the time you will be running audio, controlling cameras and other technical aspects of our newscasts. You'll be responsible for setting up the studio for newscasts and doing the behind-the-scenes jobs that make our shows look great.
Television experience, specifically preferred and not required.
• Digital Responsibilities
• Edit, write, and publish articles on KDVR.com and the FOX31 App, with a focus on compelling presentation of headlines and photos, and overall digital best-practices.
• Cut and publish video clips from on-air newscasts and other sources using a web-based platform, to appear online.
• Contribute to all aspects of managing live streams, including: routing video, starting/stopping streams in our web-based platform, creating appropriate titles, and other tasks as needed.
• Work with managers, digital team members, reporters, and producers to ensure all essential content is appropriately posted on the web.
• Communicate effectively with digital team, both in-person and through platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
• Know AP style as well as best practices for presenting news online.
• Production Responsibilities
• Operate robotic cameras during newscasts, cut-ins and any other production shoots – also check cameras in studios to be sure they are functional and in the correct place.
• Run audio for newscasts – including assigning mics and ifbs for talent, checking and changing batteries for the mics/ifbs, confirming usable audio for live shots and talent.
• Operate prompter during newscasts and being sure they are operational before the newscasts.
• Checking studio lights and alerting engineering to any lights that are not functional.
• Be able to fill in on other days as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• • Salary: $20/hour
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check