Digital Content Producer
Full Time Job
FOX31 Denver and Colorado's Own Channel 2 have an immediate opening for a full time Digital Content Producer.
We're looking for a news junkie and social media guru with a drive to be the best and a passion for creating engaging content. Our goal is simple: have the strongest social media presence, the most-used apps, and the best website in Denver. The Digital Content Producer plays a key role in continuing our success.
As social media plays a continually growing role in how everyone is getting news - and more people are seeking out news on new and emerging platforms - the Digital Content Producer will work with the web team to experiment and find new and engaging ways to reach people in the community.
The ideal candidate is a superb writer and copy editor, is has experience in photo and video editing, and has a complete understanding of AP style.
The Digital Content Producer will constantly be creating content and needs to be comfortable with intense multi-tasking. Posting breaking and developing news quickly and efficiently on all platforms is a priority.
The candidate must be willing to work various shifts as needed. College degree and experience in news is preferred, including the ability to generate story ideas, research and write compelling content.
• Post stories and videos to KDVR.com with a focus on compelling presentation of headlines and photos, along with SEO best practices.
• Stay on top of breaking local and national news and ensure important updates make it to all platforms as needed. Send push alert updates through our app. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories.
• Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and post a variety of content with a focus on generating click-throughs and high-quality engagement, as appropriate for each platform.
• Create images and graphics for social media platforms using Photoshop and additional web-based tools, as well as working with our graphics team to ensure we're posting high-quality content.
• Publish video clips from newscasts for our website, OTT app, and YouTube. Ability to write strong video titles is essential.
• Stream live video on our website and app, as well as on Facebook Live.
• Work with reporters and producers to ensure all essential on-air content is appropriately posted on the web.
• Know AP style as well as best practices for presenting news online.
• Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, social metric tools such as CrowdTangle, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities.
• Experience in web producing or similar roles in print or television newsrooms.
• Comfort with working on a range of content management systems, social media management tools, newsroom software, and photo/video editing software.
• Ability to be a passionate, positive member of the station who can work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product.
• Passion for the news and digital media, and a commitment to fairness and accuracy.
• Curiosity about latest digital trends and a willingness to experiment independently with new ways to tell stories and reach a wider audience.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!