Full Time Job
Associate Producer – KDVR/KWGN – Denver Colorado
KDVR/KWGN in Denver Colorado, has an immediate opening for an associate producer who will write content for broadcast and book segments for shows.
You'll work an early morning shift focusing on writing new content for the FOX31 Morning Show, Daybreak on 2, and other newscasts.
In addition, you will be responsible for occasionally booking topical guests for our morning/afternoon shows and ''producing up'' and showcasing those live segments on our newscasts.
It's a great opportunity in a fast-paced newsroom in one of the most vibrant cities in America.
• To write, re-write and edit VOs and VOSOTs for broadcast.
• Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
• Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
• Work ahead booking topical segments and guests to appear on our morning shows.
• ''Produce Up'' those segments for morning producers.
• Work closely with the Assignment Desk, Executive Producers to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Editing skills required; we can teach.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 2+ years of TV news experience preferred.
• Candidates must be creative writers who focus on getting the facts right every time.
• You must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites; updating stories with new information; and following social media daily.
• Suggest story ideas daily.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and ENPS a plus.
• Strong organizational and communication skills needed.
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
Compensation - $23 -- $26.50/hr. commensurate with experience and skill level
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.