SVP, Marketing and Communications
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: SVP, Marketing and Communications
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA (with frequent travel to Costa Mesa, CA)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
The Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications serves as a member of executive management team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with the Chief Executive Officer on high priority initiatives and executive office communications. The SVP's mission is to lead the planning, development, implementation of marketing and communications efforts, including the expression of our content brands across all communications and platforms. The marketing strategy will support the growth of the streaming business, content production (local/statewide and national) and the expansion of the child education assets locally and statewide.
The ideal candidate must be a proven leader and will have successfully led the marketing activities of a company. The candidate should be very comfortable presenting to clients, the board, and large audiences. The candidate should have experience managing teams. S/he will feel a connection with the organization's public service mission and will be experienced across a range of strategic communications, media relations, marketing and brand management programs, preferably in Digital Marketing, Entertainment Marketing, and/or Digital Subscription Services.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set the marketing, communications, and brand goals and objectives for the organization across all of its services.
• Work directly with the leadership team, ensuring an appropriate voice and brand personality across all communication and content channels.
• Develop and improve marketing and communications strategies for PMGSC multi-platform content (local and national) from acquisition through life- cycle management as well as customer loyalty.
• Define and execute new digital and product marketing activities to engage new customers and prospects.
• Plan, lead and manage the marketing strategy. The marketing strategy will advance audience engagement, position the organization regionally and nationally, and cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with external audiences, including the media and key stakeholders.
• Plan, lead and oversee the social media efforts of the organization, and the one-to-one communications and engagement efforts with audiences.
• Supervise the development of 360-degree marketing campaigns that advance the content priorities, digital products, and platforms to drive tune-in, audience engagement, and brand awareness.
• Work with business intelligence to identify audience trends and inform short-term and long-term marketing strategies and initiatives.
• Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
• Create and present the annual marketing and communications plans and strategies.
Marketing & Communications Operations
• Inspire, lead, develop and scale the Marketing, Creative and Brand Services, Business Intelligence, and Corporate Communication and Digital Social Media Teams.
• Lead the execution for all marketing initiatives.
• Design, plan and execute effective communications strategy and operations. Communications will help advance the station's marketing, promotion, and community relations goals.
• Prioritize media opportunities, and manage the preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
• Determine KPIs for marketing department, track KPIs on a regular basis, and present reports.
• Explore customer data to inspire content development and marketing approaches.
• Manage the corporate and B2B websites; work collaboratively with the leadership team to ensure appropriate message and functionality.
• Create and analyze metrics that tie marketing performance against goals; identify variances and develop strategies to address gaps.
• Develop ongoing competitive and market intelligence assessments that will keep the organization informed on major market moves and that tie into marketing strategy.
• Develop and execute strategic publicity and communications campaigns that support current and future organizational and business goals.
• Lead the team, as well as agency partners, to develop and execute strategic marketing plans including an end-to-end roadmap, starting from new customer acquisition through customer service and retention.
• Work with the team to help create imaginative branding and promotional campaigns.
• Lead the team for the day-to-day activities of the marketing and communications department including budgeting, planning and staff development.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct performance appraisals.
• Serve as a member of the executive management team. This team serves as the leadership group for the organization, confirming strategies, coordinating major initiatives, addressing emerging organization needs, and shaping the organization's budget.
• Plan, prepare and manage the marketing and communications budget.
• Work with departments across the organization, including content production, programming, digital, engagement, education, sponsorship, advancement, membership and customer service.
• Lead growth and ensure profitability of campaigns and analyze data, draw insight, and leverage best practices to optimize results.
• Represent the marketing and communications area with the Board of Directors.
• Work with the CEO, COO, and CCO on key marketing and communications initiatives.
• Serve as an ambassador for the organization. Represent the station in community activities, ensure station visibility in the community, and establish and maintain relationships with other organizations in the community.
• Work with PBS, producers, and other public media organizations on communications, marketing and brand efforts.
• Attend public broadcasting conferences, participate in
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online